Experience Europe’s adventure capital through this fully-supported multi activity break. Boasting mountains and valleys, rivers and coastline, North Wales has it all. Truly immerse yourself in local life with an adventure tour spent in two incredible locations. Challenge yourself to new experiences every day, with this carefully-crafted bundle of adrenaline adventures.
8 days, zero-hassle and all this included:
- Full day canyoning
- Half day coasteering
- Ride the world’s fastest passenger RIB
- Visit Wales’ highest waterfall
- 2 days packrafting with overnight wildcamp
- 6 nights boutique hotel accommodation
- Breakfast every day, plus one picnic lunch and two evening meals
- Professional, local, English-speaking guide
- All transport during the trip, including airport / train station transfers
Check out the full itinerary in the tab above!
Watch this video for a taste of multi activity adventure.
For adventurers who:
Are fit, active and looking to experience every adrenaline adventure North Wales can throw at you.
Perfect for solo travellers, couples and friends.
We’ll pick you up from Manchester airport at 10.30am, or from Chester train station at 11.30am if you’re arriving by train. We’ll take you to your hotel in Llangollen, arriving around 12.30pm.
Relax for the afternoon and take a stroll around Llangollen’s pretty town centre. Or enjoy the rooftop hot tub at your hotel, which is free for guests before 6pm.
Kick start your adventure tour with a short canoe trip over the Pontcyscllte Aqueduct. Completed in 1808, the innovative engineering of this great aqueduct led to it being designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site and at over 38m high, the view from it is spectacular – if you dare look down!
Cost: £45 per person
Get set to go canyoning! Climb, scramble, jump and splash your way through the challenging terrain of the Trawsfynedd gorge for a truly fun but physically demanding experience. It’s a full day out with your travel group in a stunning part of North Wales – enjoy the views as together you abseil down waterfalls and leap from rocks into the river below!
This evening we host dinner for you and your group in a local restaurant. How better to get to know each other better than reflecting on today’s memories, while enjoying locally produced food and a few Welsh beers.
After the physical activity of canyoning and the fun of last night you can have a more relaxed day, beginning with a trip to Pistyll Rheadr, the highest waterfall in Wales. At 80m high it’s a stunning natural feature. Walk to the top and you’ll be rewarded with spectacular views. But if a laid-back coffee is more your style, there’s a small cafe at the foot of the waterfall where you can soak up the atmosphere.
Once we’ve returned to Llangollen you can take the afternoon to enjoy the local area. Perhaps with a walk uphill to the ruins of Dinas Bran castle, where you can view the whole of Llangollen and the surrounding area.
If you think you’ll be feeling more energetic that afternoon, you can join us for the crazy sport of river bugging. Pull on your wetsuit, jump on your bug and paddle off down the beautiful River Dee. Charging headfirst through rapids will really get your adrenaline pumping. Then kick back and relax, watching the wildlife along the riverbank, before you hold on tight for the next rapids! Enjoy maximum adventure and a unique experience to remember.
Cost: £45 per person
Pack your bags, you’re going packrafting! Your adventure tour continues with the next two days spent hiking and paddling your way from the Welsh hills to the coastal town of Beaumaris on the island of Anglesey.
With a pack-away raft on your back, along with snacks and other essentials, your guide will take you down less-trodden routes through the beautiful Snowdonia National Park.
In the evening you’ll cook together around an open campfire. Our local guide showing you how to prepare your meal so you can really get stuck in to cooking in the great outdoors.
Chat the night away, sharing stories around the fire before retiring for a night under canvas. We provide large bell tents on a shared basis (up to 6 per tent), so you don’t have the hassle of bringing a tent with you. We’ll even take your overnight bag to the camp for you, so you don’t have to carry it on your hike / packraft.
What better way to truly experience the great outdoors than relaxing under the stars, enjoying a hot chocolate with new friends.
After breakfast, pack away your kit and continue your expedition to the coast on foot and by raft.
You’ll arrive in Beaumaris around mid afternoon ready to check in to the hotel that will be your base for the next few nights.
At one time Wales had over 600 castles and today 100 of those still stand, either in ruins or restored. One of the most impressive is Beaumaris Castle with its ‘walls within walls’ design. If you have some energy left, spend the rest of the afternoon exploring this fascinating historic town and its magnificent castle at your own pace (or more likely, have a hot shower and crash out in a comfy bed!).
Experience the incredible thrill of the fastest commercial RIB ride in the world! Feel the wind in your hair and the seaspray on your face as we rip along the Menai Straits, twisting, turning and bouncing through the swell. Your captain will put this specially-designed high-powered boat through its paces, reaching speeds of 110km per hour or more.
Once back on dry land, we’ll take you back to Beaumaris for around lunchtime. The rest of the day is yours to chill or explore.
As always we like to offer something extra to do in the afternoon. It means you’re in control of tailoring your adventure to be as full-on as you want to make it. This afternoon’s activity is not for the faint-hearted – but then you wouldn’t be on this adventure tour if you weren’t up for a kick of adrenalin, would you!
You’re in the home of the world’s fastest and Europe’s longest zipline, where you can fly through the air at speeds of over 160kph! It’s exhilaration in its purest form. Hurtle headfirst over the old slate quarry, now a vast blue lagoon, and lay claim to having done the world’s fastest zipline. Spaces fill fast so book quickly.
Cost: £85 per person
Snowdon mountain is the jewel in the crown of Snowdonia National Park. Standing at 1,085m it’s the highest mountain in England and Wales. The views from its summit are spectacular on a clear day. Join us for a very(!) early morning hike to its peak in time to see sunrise over the stunning national park landscape. You’ll be provided with a simple packed breakfast so you can refuel while soaking up views that make you feel alive.
Please note, the sunrise hike will require a very early departure from the hotel, as early as midnight in midsummer. It’s a 40 minute drive to the hike starting point and the hike itself will take around 6 hours from base to peak and back to base, depending on the fitness of the group. If the weather forecast up Snowdon is poor and the chance of seeing a good sunrise is low, your guide will brief you on an alternative hike where you can still enjoy the exclusive beauty of a stunning sunrise.
Cost: £55 per person
This afternoon get ready to jump, climb, scramble and swim your way along the coastline of Anglesey! Coasteering combines the best of rock and water-based activities, and North Wales offers one of the best coasteering experiences you can find. Scramble across rocks, get swirled around in the water and climb tough walls as far as you can before crashing back into the waves.
It’s a truly exhilarating experience and a fantastic way for you to get up close and personal with the rocky Welsh coast for your final day of adventure .
It’s the last morning of your adventure tour, so it’s time to pack your case and swap details with your new travel buddies.
The bus leaves the hotel at 12.30pm, dropping off at Chester train station at 2.15pm and at Manchester airport around 3.30pm. It’ll be bear hugs all round before you head off to your flight.
- Full day canyoning
- Half day coasteering
- Ride on the world’s fastest passenger RIB
- Visit to Wales’ highest waterfall
- 2 days packrafting with overnight wildcamp – shared tent and cooking equipment included
- 6 nights boutique hotel accommodation on a shared basis (private rooms can usually be accommodated if preferred – please enquire before booking)
- 7 breakfasts, 1 picnic lunch, 2 evening meals
- Professional, local, English-speaking guide
- Equipment for all activities
- All transport during the trip, including return Manchester airport / Chester train station transfers – for travel via Holyhead ferry port or elsewhere, please contact us
Supercharge your trip
- Even more ways to take your adventure tour to the next level! Simply make your selections at checkout when you book your trip online:
- Canoe over Pontcysyllte, the world’s highest aqueduct
- Go river bugging and paddle head-first through rapids
- Experience the enlightening glow of sunrise from the top of Mount Snowdon
- Reach speeds of over 160kph on the world’s fastest zipline
- Olfi action camera hire, with helmet and chest mounts – one life, film it!
What you need to bring
- Swimwear – to wear under the wetsuits we provide
- Towel – to dry off after the water activities
- Trainers – these are to wear when when canyoning and coasteering so will get very wet
- Sturdy, waterproof walking boots and walking socks
- Waterproof clothing – even if the forecast looks good, the weather can be very changeable in the mountains
- Warm layers – even in summer the mountains and the coast can be chilly
- Warm, lightweight sleeping bag – for one night of camping
- Small bag – only needs to hold your overnight essentials when camping and a change of clothes for the next day. We will transport this to the camp for you
- Lots of energy!
What you need to know
- You’ll be picked up from Manchester airport at 10.30am so make sure you book a flight landing no later than 9.45am
- Collections from Chester train station will be at 11.30am
- Your return transfer will drop you off at Manchester airport around 3.30pm, so you can book any flight departing after 5.30pm
- Drop offs at Chester train station will be at 2.15pm
- We don’t believe in charging people more for exploring our world solo, so we’ll always match you up with a likeminded traveler to share with. Your room in Beaumaris will be on a twin basis and in Llangollen you’ll be in either a multi-bed or twin room. The bell tents for wild camping each sleep up to 6 max. If you would prefer your own room we can usually accommodate that, though an extra charge would apply – simply select the appropriate option when you book your adventure tour online
- This multi activity holiday will run with a minimum of 8 people but no more than 15, to make sure you enjoy that small group feel
- Please note, the tour may be rearranged or cancelled if fewer than 8 people are booked. We’ll let you know at least 30 days in advance