We’re looking for a Product Manager to join us on the adventure of a lifetime. Co-founded by Claire Copeman and Jim Gaffney in 2018, Adventure Tours UK is recognised as a sustainable tour operator that’s putting the UK on the international adventure travel map. Bringing intrepid travellers from across the UK and around the world to discover incredible wild spaces and life-changing adventure experiences.
Our tours are the lifeblood of our business, inspiring travellers to join us and compelling them to return time and again.
- Develop innovative, commercially-minded and saleable new tour products:
- for our own brand as we continue to expand our product portfolio
- for our trade partners worldwide, helping us to maintain strong relationships and win new business
- Ensure sustainability is at the heart of every tour we create
- Create a programme of year-round adventures to smooth out the seasonal peaks and troughs
- Work closely with Sales to provide effective support for new business development
- Coordinate with Marketing to launch new products on our website and through approved agents / resellers
- Work closely with existing and new partners to create unique experiences, not available anywhere else
- Identify key trends to ensure we create / refine our products to have maximum appeal
- Support the wider team as required, especially during peak season
- Provide support and guidance for new team members as they are recruited
We’re a small team so from time to time you may need to assist other departments within the business. For example: assist with the leading of tours or even leading your own tour; support with core operations requirements during the busy summer season; contribute to our marketing activity, including creating and sharing social media content, public appearances and meeting press contacts.
Could it be you?
As our Product Manager you will have at least 4 years experience working in the travel industry. You’ll be joining a small team within a young business, making you integral to the success of the business. You will be self-motivated, innovative, commercially-minded and hungry for a challenge!
Your key role is to develop new tour products that complement our existing portfolio, enabling us to widen our audience and helping to generate repeat business by providing guests who love us with new reasons to return again and again.
You will also be pivotal to helping us win new trade clients by delivering innovative new products to their specific briefs and within their strict commercial requirements.
A shared passion for Adventure Tours UK’s ambitions is vital for your success. You’ll be a keen and active outdoor enthusiast, proud of the wild spaces we have in Wales and across the UK. And you’ll care for our environment, actively seeking ways to minimise your own impact on the planet through your everyday actions. Talking about outdoor adventures and responsible travel will come easily to you, because you already live and breathe it.
What you’ll get in return
You’ll be part of a dynamic young business with big ambitions to become the most respected UK tour operator. You‘ll get to work with passionate local suppliers across Wales and beyond, creating truly unique immersive experiences that support local communities and are kind to our planet.
We believe in maintaining a work life balance and reducing our impact on the environment are important, so this will be a remote-working role. We are a tight-knit team so daily video calls will keep us all working in harmony and we’ll meet in person at least once a month in North Wales, more frequently at first while you get up to speed with the business.
- Remote working
- Flexible hours
- 20 days annual leave, plus public holidays
- Additional day of leave on your birthday
- Salary DOE
If this sounds like you, get your journey underway by sending us your CV and a covering note.