We’re looking for a Partnerships Executive to join us on the adventure of a lifetime. Co-founded by Claire Copeman and Jim Gaffney in 2018, Adventure Tours UK is putting the UK on the international adventure travel map. Bringing intrepid travellers from around the world to discover incredible wild spaces and life-changing adventure experiences.
The business revolves around an effective Operations team. It is the connection between our Sales, our Marketing and our Suppliers, ensuring every element of every tour is perfectly in sync.
The Partnerships Executive’s role is to support the Operations Manager in maintaining commercially viable relationships with supplier partners and forward planning all tours to ensure a smooth running operation.
- effective organisation and time management
- clear internal and external written and verbal communication
- proficient use of core office software, including Google Workspace and Hubspot
- ability to develop and maintain effective supplier partner relationships
- strong commercial awareness
- ability to manage data accurately and securely
As Partnerships Executive you will support the Operations Manager with your daily duties including:
- establishing and maintaining strong and commercially viable partner relations
- coordinating with Product to manage the operational forward planning of Adventure Tours UK and trade client tours
- contract negotiations with supplier partners to secure the best standards, rates and terms
- delivering efficient completion of supplier partner onboarding, re-contracting and annual due diligence checks
- completing site visits and face to face partner meetings to ensure the best standards of service delivery
- following up on guest and team feedback to ensure that partners follow process and service delivery as contractually agreed
- improving engagement and loyalty with existing partner suppliers
- increasing appeal for new partner suppliers to work with Adventure Tours UK
- collaborating with supplier partners to deliver YOY reduction of carbon emissions on re-contracted tours in line with business KPIs
- keeping up to date with existing supplier partner service provisions and sharing new potential supplier partner details with the wider team
- participating in the out-of-hours Duty Roster to provide on-trip support to tour leaders and guests, and initial response to enquiries
- helping to foster a collaborative environment between Operations, Sales and Marketing to ensure accuracy, innovation and learning
We’re a small team so from time to time you may need to assist other departments within the business. For example, assisting with the leading of tours or even leading your own tour. Contributing to our marketing activity, including creating and sharing social media content, public appearances and meeting press contacts.
Your understanding of and shared passion for Adventure Tours UK’s ambitions is vital. We’re a team of keen and active outdoor enthusiasts, proud of the wild spaces we have in Wales and across the UK. We care for our environment, actively seeking ways to minimise our impact on the planet through our everyday actions. As a team we live and breathe outdoor adventures and responsible travel.
As part of a small team in a startup business, you’re integral to our collective success. This hybrid-working position requires self-motivation, natural organisation skills, acute commercial awareness and a hunger to learn!
Effective communication is especially important when we’re working remotely. As such we expect the following commitment to internal communications:
- attend daily video calls with the Operations Manager
- attend the weekly Operations team meeting (usually via video call)
- attend the weekly full team meeting (usually via video call)
- attend at least one day per month working on-location with the Operations Manager (location tbc)
- utilise collaborative tools to share and store company information, including but not limited to Google Drive and Hubspot
Could it be you?
As our Partnerships Executive you will have at least 1 years relevant experience. You’ll be joining a small team within a young business, making you integral to the success of the business. You will be self-motivated, innovative, commercially minded and hungry for a challenge!
Your key role is to plan and contract all tour departures by nurturing commercially viable partner relationships, ensuring every element of every tour is perfectly in sync. You will be pivotal to helping us ensure that our supplier partners have the best experience possible in working with us and want to forge long lasting, mutually beneficial relationships.
A shared passion for Adventure Tours UK’s ambitions is vital for your success. You’ll be a keen and active outdoor enthusiast, proud of the wild spaces we have here in the UK. And you’ll care for our environment, actively seeking ways to minimise your own impact on the planet through your everyday actions. Talking about outdoor adventures and responsible travel will come easily to you, because you already live and breathe it.
What you’ll get in return
You’ll be part of a dynamic young business with big ambitions to become the most respected UK tour operator. You‘ll get to work with passionate local suppliers across the UK, creating truly unique immersive experiences that support local communities and are kind to our planet.
We believe maintaining a work life balance and reducing our impact on the environment are important, so this will be a remote-working role. We are a tight-knit team so daily video calls will keep us all working in harmony and we’ll meet in person at least once a month, more frequently at first while you get up to speed with the business.
- remote working
- flexible hours
- 20 days annual leave, plus public holidays
- an additional day of leave on your birthday
- salary DOE
- health cash plan, giving you money back on everyday healthcare costs*
- pension contributions*
*Subject to successful completion of 3 month probationary period
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At Adventure Tours UK, we value everyone as unique individuals and we welcome the variety of experiences they bring to our Company. As such, we have a strict non-discrimination policy. We believe everyone should be treated equally regardless of race, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, national origin, native language, religion, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If this sounds like you, get your journey underway by sending us your CV and a covering note.