We’re looking for an Operations Executive to join us on the adventure of a lifetime. Co-founded by Claire Copeman and Jim Gaffney in 2018, Adventure Tours UK is putting the UK on the international adventure travel map. Bringing intrepid travellers from around the world to discover incredible wild spaces and life-changing adventure experiences.
As a certified B Corp, playing our part in supporting destinations and communities with sustainable tourism opportunities, while highlighting the very best the UK has to offer through our unique and authentic tour experiences, is critical to our success.
The successful delivery of tours to our high standards depends upon an effective Operations team. You will be a critical link in the business supporting the Operations Manager in maintaining efficient processes to deliver exceptional adventures for guests and trade clients.
- effective organisation and time management
- clear internal and external written and verbal communication
- ability to develop and maintain effective supplier partner relationships
- ability to manage data accurately and securely
- proficient use of core office software, including Google Workspace and Hubspot
As Operations Executive you will support the Operations Manager, with your daily duties including:
- establishing and maintaining strong and commercially viable partner relations
- effectively using existing systems and processes to manage tour dates and partner services, including release dates and guest information
- coordinating with Sales to manage Adventure Tours UK tour bookings well within contracted release dates and manage final service bookings ahead of tour departure dates
- coordinating with trade clients to manage white label tour bookings well within contracted release dates and manage final service bookings ahead of tour departure dates
- managing the distribution of branded items to guests and tour leaders on the ground
- accurately measuring the carbon footprint of each tour and actively seeking ways to reduce it year-on-year
- creating and maintaining accurate pre-departure documentation for each tour to ensure guests have a smooth brand experience
- ensuring on-trip issues are managed and logged in a timely manner
- participating in the out-of-hours Duty Roster to provide on-trip support to tour leaders and guests, and initial response to sales enquiries
- attending the annual calendar of in-person team meet ups and events
- helping to foster a collaborative environment between Operations, Sales and Marketing to ensure accuracy, innovation and learning
We’re a small team so from time to time you may need to assist other departments within the business. For example, assisting with the leading of tours or even leading your own tour. Contributing to our marketing activity, including creating and sharing social media content, public appearances and meeting press contacts.
Your understanding of and shared passion for Adventure Tours UK’s ambitions is vital. We’re a team of keen and active outdoor enthusiasts, proud of the wild spaces we have in Wales and across the UK. We care for our environment, actively seeking ways to minimise our impact on the planet through our everyday actions. As a team we live and breathe outdoor adventures and responsible travel.
As part of a small team in a young business, you’re integral to our collective success. This remote-working position requires self-motivation, natural organisation skills, acute commercial awareness and a hunger to learn!
Effective communication is especially important when we’re working remotely. As such we expect the following commitment to internal communications:
- attend daily stand up with the team via video call
- attend daily video calls with the Operations Manager
- attend the weekly full team meeting (usually via video call)
- attend at least one day per month with the team in North Wales (or alternative location tbc)
- utilise collaborative tools to share and store company information, including but not limited to Google Drive and Hubspot
Could it be you?
As our Operations Executive you will have at least 1 years relevant experience. You’ll be joining a small team within a young business, making you integral to the success of the business. You will be self-motivated, innovative, commercially minded and hungry for a challenge!
Your key role is to deliver smooth running and sustainable adventures of a lifetime for guests of both Adventure Tours UK and our trade clients without a glitch. Guest experience will be your driving force, you’ll be a dynamic problem-solver and your attention to detail will be second to none.
A shared passion for Adventure Tours UK’s ambitions is vital for your success. You’ll be a keen and active outdoor enthusiast, proud of the wild spaces we have here in the UK. And you’ll care for our environment, actively seeking ways to minimise your own impact on the planet through your everyday actions. Talking about outdoor adventures and responsible travel will come easily to you, because you already live and breathe it.
What you’ll get in return
You’ll be part of a dynamic young business with big ambitions to become the most respected UK tour operator. You‘ll get to work with passionate local suppliers across the UK, creating truly unique immersive experiences that support local communities and are kind to our planet.
We believe maintaining a work life balance and reducing our impact on the environment are important, so this will be a remote-working role. We are a tight-knit team so daily video calls will keep us all working in harmony and we’ll meet in person at least once a month, more frequently at first while you get up to speed with the business.
- remote working
- flexible hours
- 20 days annual leave, plus public holidays
- an additional day of leave on your birthday
- salary DOE
- health cash plan, giving you money back on everyday healthcare costs*
- pension contributions*
*Subject to successful completion of 3 month probationary period
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At Adventure Tours UK, we value everyone as unique individuals and we welcome the variety of experiences they bring to our Company. As such, we have a strict non-discrimination policy. We believe everyone should be treated equally regardless of race, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, national origin, native language, religion, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If this sounds like you, get your journey underway by sending us your CV and a covering note.