Co-founded by Claire Copeman and Jim Gaffney in 2018, Adventure Tours UK is putting the UK on the international adventure travel map. Bringing intrepid travellers from around the world to discover incredible wild spaces and life-changing adventure experiences.
As a certified B Corp, playing our part in supporting destinations and communities with sustainable tourism opportunities, while highlighting the very best the UK has to offer through our unique and authentic tour experiences, is critical to our success. Building our brand profile, effectively marketing our tour experiences and maintaining a personal and efficient guest experience are also paramount to our success as we continue to scale.
Our marketing communications, whether through social media, our website or offline channels, form that critical first impression with prospective guests and often our trade clients too. Once booked, our direct communication with each and every guest is critical to reaffirm they have made the right choice in choosing to book with us and ensure they are suitably prepared and excited for their adventure. After their adventure has ended, their Adventure Tours UK experience should continue, through feedback and reviews, our loyalty scheme and of course through encouraging them to share their adventures with friends and family to continue building brand awareness, as well as repeat and referral bookings.
The Guest Experience & Product Executive’s primary role is to create an inspiring online presence with the goal of generating leads, responding to the enquiries received and managing the booked guests’ relationship through to successful completion of their tour. This includes social media and newsletter content, creating tailor-made itineraries where required and managing travel documentation through our mobile app. Effective pre-sales communication is essential for our product to be seen and booked, while strong post-sales and post-travel communication are essential for a smooth guest experience.
In addition this role provides the opportunity to support the Co-founder with the conception and development of new small group and FIT tours, creating exceptional products that appeal to our core audience and stand out in a crowded marketplace. Ultimately this role is responsible for turning lookers into bookers, and then into returning guests.
- ability to develop and maintain effective guest relationships, nurturing from initial enquiry through to booking and beyond
- effective organisation and time management
- clear internal and external written and verbal communication
- accurate creative writing that is well researched and a strong attention to detail
- commercial awareness
- ability to manage data accurately and securely
- proficient use of core office software, including Google Workspace and Hubspot
- proficient use of core marketing software, including WordPress CMS, MailChimp, facebook Creator Studio and Instagram
As Guest Experience & Product Executive your daily duties include:
- using social media and newsletters to effectively engage with our audience and drive web traffic and enquiries
- responding to guest enquiries, including creation of tailor-made itineraries and pricing as required
- establishing and maintaining strong and commercially viable guest relationships
- effectively using existing systems and processes to manage booking enquiries, guest information, kit lists, itineraries, joining instructions, feedback and reviews
- liaising with the Operations teams where appropriate to accurately answer guest queries
- building new and maintaining existing tour web pages, including accurate, compelling copywriting and sourcing of impactful imagery
- maintaining an up to date web presence, including homepage and other content page updates
- supporting with writing and publishing SEO-driven inspirational blog posts
- keeping third party reseller website content up to date
- supporting with the development of new product, taking outline tour itineraries and identifying the partners needed to build them out into an exceptional experience
- maintaining our review rating of >4.5 stars on Trustpilot and Google
- participating in the out of hours Duty Roster to provide on-trip support to Tour Leaders and guests and initial response to enquiries
We’re a small team so from time to time you may need to assist in other areas across the business. For example, but not limited to, assisting with networking with industry peers, attending trade shows, assisting with the leading of tours or even leading your own tour.
Your understanding of and shared passion for Adventure Tours UK’s ambitions is vital. We’re a team of keen and active outdoor enthusiasts, proud of the wild spaces we have across the UK. We care for our environment, actively seeking ways to minimise our impact on the planet through our everyday actions. As a team we live and breathe outdoor adventures and responsible travel.
As part of a small team in a young business, you are integral to our collective success.
This remote-working position requires self-motivation, an ability to manage your workload autonomously, natural organisation skills, acute commercial-awareness and a hunger to learn!
Effective communication is especially important when we’re all working remotely. As such we expect the following commitment to internal communications:
- attend daily stand up meeting with team
- attend twice-weekly 1-2-1 video calls with Claire
- attend the weekly team meeting (usually via video call)
- attend at least one day per month with the team in North Wales (or alternative location tbc)
- utilise collaborative tools to share and store company information, including but not limited to Google Drive and Hubspot
Could it be you?
As our Guest Experience & Product Executive you will have at least 3 years relevant experience. You’ll be joining a small team within a young business, making you integral to the success of the business. You will be self-motivated, innovative, commercially minded and hungry for a challenge!
Your key role is to deliver smooth running and sustainable adventures of a lifetime for guests of both Adventure Tours UK and our trade clients without a glitch. Guest experience will be your driving force, you’ll be a creative, commercially minded, a dynamic problem-solver and your attention to detail will be on point.
A shared passion for Adventure Tours UK’s ambitions is vital for your success. You’ll be a keen and active outdoor enthusiast, proud of the wild spaces we have here in the UK. And you’ll care for our environment, actively seeking ways to minimise your own impact on the planet through your everyday actions. Talking about outdoor adventures and responsible travel will come easily to you, because you already live and breathe it.
What you’ll get in return
You’ll be part of a dynamic young business with big ambitions to become the most respected UK adventure tour operator. You‘ll get to work with guests from around the world, helping to bring their dreams for adventure come true by creating truly unique immersive experiences that support local communities and are kind to our planet.
We believe maintaining a work life balance and reducing our impact on the environment are important, so this will be a remote-working role. We are a tight-knit team so daily video calls will keep us all working in harmony and we’ll meet in person at least once a month, more frequently at first while you get up to speed with the business.
- remote working
- flexible hours
- 20 days annual leave, plus public holidays
- an additional day of leave on your birthday
- salary DOE
- health cash plan, giving you money back on everyday healthcare costs*
- pension contributions*
*Subject to successful completion of 3 month probationary period
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At Adventure Tours UK, we value everyone as unique individuals and we welcome the variety of experiences they bring to our Company. As such, we have a strict non-discrimination policy. We believe everyone should be treated equally regardless of race, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, national origin, native language, religion, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If this sounds like you, get your journey underway by sending us your CV and a covering note.